As a great fan of iPeng, I must say that I prefer the older version due
to a much better graphic performance on my iPad mini first gen. Even on
my iPad Air, the older version runs more powerful with less artwork
problems. I also have the problem with missing artwork and sometimes,
the list is completely empty when choosing Artists - All Albums.
Additionally It seems as if iPeng 7 reloads artwork more often. After
creating the cached artwork, I can browse my albums with all covers but
after restarting iPeng, it shoes placeholder covers first before
reloading the cover art. I am using LMS 7.8 latest nightly running on an
Intel core i3 (ivy bridge) and Windows Server 2012 R2 essentials with 8
GB RAM. LMS has been set to higher CPU priority and optimized for more
than 1 GB RAM. The system is connected via Gigabit LAN interface to the
latest Asus RT-AC68U AC WLAN Router.
As I said, iPeng HD runs perfectly on my iPad mini first gen and even on
my older iPad 2.