pippin wrote:
> H, actually I don't know exactly how CustomBrowse handles artwork.
> I do use a number of album-based CustomBrowse menus and they worked fine
> for me and I briefly tested "Artists" and that's OK for me, too.
> But what I don't know is how the artwork is actually represented in the
> artists menus in CB (I know it for albums). If this is just a URL like
> /12345.jpg and that is ambiguous it might cause problems.
> Another issue could be if CB doesn't learn about cache purging or things
> like that.
>
> Erland will probably have to step in here.
>
> But I don't think it's a general problem. I just tested artists with CB
> and I don't see any wrong images here so I really believe it's rather a
> caching thing.
> There's one thing I might look into... iPeng doesn't purge all caches
> when you flush the cache, only the server specific ones. This is because
> internet-URL usually stay the same so it only deletes URL based items on
> a recurring bassi to free up space.
> If the URL representation of artist artwork in CB is not server-specific
> yet changes frequently then this could be a problem.
> Actually if Last.fm changes and reuses artist image URLs frequently this
> could also become an issue with iPeng and LMS 7.7.
Hi Pippin,
Almost all artists show correctly (I've only noticed Hendrix being
wrong), so I guess it's not surprising that you didn't run into it. As
you suspected, Flushing the cache does not have any effect. Is there any
way for me to completely flush the cache to check if it is a stale
image?  Better yet, is there any way for me to see what URL iPeng thinks
it is using? (The correct image is indeed from Last.FM)

Thanks,

Mike