Yeah the transporter is high quality , the only thing that would worry
me a bit in an old used unit is the VFD displays ( 2 of them ) .
But if the price is rigth...

A Toy quality thing like Touch can last a while too just wondering a bit
about it's display quality .

In any case , a hint I many others are using the displays on any
squeezebox as little as possible to preserve lifetime .

DAC quality , it basically flat-lined a decade ago imo :)

I don’t buy that high end press hype that you get revolutionary quality
improvement every 2 months for a couple of k$ more .
(another topic is high end dac's that sound radically -different- than
either a tp or a touch ,but thats not hifi )

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)