Ikabob wrote:
> I am sorry if I have to lose MOG.
> I enjoy the large numbers of selections and also the high bitrate
> stream.
> Rhapsody is comparable but not a high stream.
> From what I remember about Spotify, it will not synch with SBBoom in the
> mix...but I'm not sure about this. Plus don't you have to have a special
> plug in for Spotify to be fully functional... Not sure.

I moved from MOG to Spotify after logitech announced the discontinuation
of the SB line. I liked the fact that the 3rd Party Triode's Spotify
plugin worked *without* the need for mysqueezebox.com.  With Triode's
plugin in LMS, you can play spotify with new (radio/touch) and older
players (SB3, Boom, Transporter).  So, yes, you can synch booms, etc.
(but you need Triode's plugin not the logitech official spotify plugin).

Most of the songs I stream on Spotify are high bitrate (320 OGG). Some
are 256k.  I mostly use spotify to listen to things I might want to buy,
or an occasional one-off listening. I also use when travelling on
iphone, etc.  I don't build massive playlists.  My playlists are just
place where I save albums I search for so I can easily find them again.

In my opinion, all these streaming services should be considered "short
term" music "collections" at best. That is, none of them are likely to
last more than 5 years without going under, being bought (and changed),
etc. This business is still in its infancy and lots of change is to be
expected.  A nice app someone could develop is something to save all
your playlists built on (MOG, Spotify, Rhapsody, etc.) and allow you to
move to a different service and try to have that service automatically
recreate your playlists to the extent possible.

*Location 1:* VortexBox 4TB (2.2) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Location 2:* VBA 3TB (2.2) > LMS 7.7.2 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > SqueezePlay
*Spares:* VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone4S (iPeng), iPad2 (iPengHD & SqueezePad),
CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Spotify