paulster wrote:
> I wrote to them as well, pointing out that I'd simply be moving to
> Spotify rather than giving Beats a chance if they aren't going to
> continue support for Squeezebox. My vote alone won't count for much, but
> hopefully lots of people will get in touch with them.
Fwiw, here is the email I sent and their response. (As a side note, I
sent my email to both supp...@beatsmusic.com and
iancrog...@beatsmusic.com. The latter is the address on the From: line
on a message from the Beats CEO, Ian C. Rogers. That address bounced
with -"The email account that you tried to reach does not exist."- Score
minus 1 point for pretending to be accessible.)

Dear Mr. Rogers,

Thanks for your update message. I have been a MOG subscriber for a
couple years and have really enjoyed it for listening music in many
different ways: discovering new music, looking into artists similar to
artists I like, playing old albums that I had on vinyl or tape but never
bought on CD or online, etc. It has been very good value for very little
money.

Almost all of my listening to MOG is through my Logitech Squeezebox
network music system at home, which allows me to listen to MOG on
decent-to-very-good audio equipment in any room in the house, and even
outside on the patio. This worked (and still works until the plug gets
pulled on MOG) because MOG provided an API to Logitech Squeezebox
developers so that they could write a plugin for the Squeezebox server.
I very much hope that Beats Music will have the foresight to provide
similar capabilities with Beats Music.

If Beats is not made accessible for Squeezebox users, I do not see any
way that I would be making the switch from MOG to Beats Music. Rather, I
would be inclined to switch to a service such as Rhapsody or Spotify.
Interestingly, at one time or another over the past five years I have
used MOG, Rhapsody, and Spotify, and had settled on MOG as being the
best service of the three. It will be a sad day to lose it.

I hope that you and your team will seriously consider providing a Beats
Music plugin for Logitech Squeezebox.

Best regards,

-
Hey [myfirstname]

Thanks for contacting Beats Music Support! All the reasons you have
listed for enjoying MOG, Beats Music has improved upon--especially
suggesting new music that is catered specifically to you! Our human
curated playlists and music suggestions blow the competition out of the
water! However, at this point, Logitech Squeezebox is not one of our
supported devices. We are constantly expanding and we do take
suggestions from our listeners very seriously, so I will be forwarding
this our team so they can see about possibly implementing this in the
future.

Thank you again for your interest in Beats Music and thank you for
supporting MOG. We would not be where we are without the continued
support and feedback from listeners like you! If you have any other
questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again!

Let Beats Music provide the soundtrack to your life~
Beats Music Listener Support
-