Ikabob wrote:
> Well, I have now been informed that I cannot upgrade from Windows XPpro
> to Win7 and still keep all of my existing programs. I'm not sure I
> understood the process but it seemed very complicated. The problem seems
> to be that I did not go to Win VISTA.
> Can anyone give me a different explanation for why you can't go from
> XPpro to 7?
> Thank you.

many of the programs you had on XP will still work on win7. But I
suspect you need to do a complete wipe and OS  install, and THEN
reinstall old programs. If you're like me, you don't have most of the
install programs/disks/download codes from your old XP install.  For me,
when I only update when I buy a new computer. I make sure my own
data/files are backed up, then just install the new version of whatever
software I use (MS office, etc.), and copy over my own files.  So yes,
its a pain and cost $$.

Tell us again WHY you want to move from XP. As someone noted, if your
computer is old enough it won't likely run Win7 very well anyhow.
What's wrong with just continuing to use XP?  I have an old laptop at
home that is on XP that I use for a few things and it works fine.  The
fact that MS has announced no more updates for XP is no reason to stop
using it. It still works like it did yesterday.

*Location 1:* VortexBox 4TB (2.2) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Location 2:* VBA 3TB (2.2) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > SqueezePlay
*Spares:* VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Streaming - Spotify