I haven't posted because I was busy picking up my computers and trying
to set them up again.
Thank you all for your responses, information and advice. The dedicated
computer with LMS and Squeezebox files was cleaned and updated to Win7
and I am working to get everything working well. So far very fine.
To answer your question, Gary... I am changing to Win7 from WinXPpro
because of the announcement that XP would no longer be supported. This
announcement disturbed my wife much more than it did me. So now that I
have Win7 on the LMS dedicated computer I am liking the new OS.
(Although I haven't learned it yet). I am getting some rebuffering
issues.
My main computer is still XP because it has many files that are very
important and I'd have to do a clean install and I'm not sure how I'd
reinstall these important files... They are backed up on an external HD.
I would like to have this main computer on Win7 but I'm apprehensive
about retrieving all of those files.

Anyhow, that's where I am. Once again I really appreciate this forum
community and how so many responders came to respond to my post
regarding XP>7. Thank you very much!
I really love this SB ecosystem.

Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.7.3;  Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE
Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various
additional speakers).
Multiple players: SqueezeBooms,SqueezeRadios; SB3;
Services:Slacker;Sky.com;Rhapsody;
Sirius.com;CalmRadio
Ipeng remote controller.