johnas wrote:
> Sonos uses UPNP for much of it's functionality,  they have sync figured
> out - I wouldn't pass judgement on this until more details are known.

Some stuff from Sonos is based on UPnP protocol but it's definitely not
UPnP compliant. You cannot reliably control it (except very basic stuff)
via a generic UPnP controller.
Syncing on Sonos is totally custom (and even patented)

Did you know: *'SqueezePlayer' (www.squeezeplayer.com)* will stream all
your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? *'Squeezebox + iPad =
SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com)*
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)