cliveb wrote:
> It would appear to be a Vortexbox in  nice case.
> It even has the Vortexbox logo on the front.
> And they want $2.5k for this?
> Pre-built 2TB Vortexbox servers can be had on eBay for about £300

I helped them build this unit and i'll give you the info on what makes
it better then a stock VortexBox that I sell

- Custom aluminium case. You really need to see it to appreciate how
beautiful it is and and how well it works. The CD slot is hidden in the
border. Very "Apple like"
- Custom low noise power supply
- SOtM USB card. As may of you already know this is the best USB card in
the industry. Precision oscillators, super low noise power supplies
etc.
- Extensive dealer network. You can go a listen to this box before
buying it. Remember as will all high end audio dealers take a cut to
demo an support a product.
- Marketing, The above poster is correct. I'm sure they spend money (as
most companies do) on promoting their products.

Does all this make it worth the extra cost? The customers that have
purchased one from me tell me yes. They tell me the get the best sound
out of their high end DACs with the SOtM. The customers that purchase
this unit has all spent over $1000 just on their DAC and are using it to
feed a high end system.

There are may different VortexBox appliance units at different price
ranges. It depends on what your looking for.

rip, tag, get cover art… All you do is insert the CD!
http://vortexbox.org

agillis
Lead Developer VortexBox