d6jg wrote:
> Remove the static IP on Ethernet.
> Each network card has its own MAC address. You can't have the 2 MAC
> addresses - wired & wireless - with the same IP. Your switch or router
> doesn't know where to find the route to the wired connection so is
> sending them to where it last found that IP address - the wireless card.

Hmm, made no difference.  First a tried a different static IP, then I
tried DHCP.  I made sure the router and WAP only were seeing the
hardwired connection, correct MAC address.  The server sees the unit
correctly.  The unit can see the music database and navigate to a song
on an album.  It fails when it tries to play the song though.  I can
ping the unit ok.