This does sound a little like the old "Columbia Record Club" my brothers
joined back in the 70's. I did 3 different Time Life series. Great Men
of Music series on vinyl back in the 70's. Each month I'd get a
different composer on 4 LP's in a box with a booklet on the artist and
the music, this was a great intro to classical for me. Then later in the
80's I did a couple of series on CD that ended up giving me a span from
the mid 50's through the end of the 60's. This gave me all the great
60's singles, but was missing some of the big names like the Rolling
Stones and The Beatles (no big deal since I have all their stuff
anyway), but I think it covered about 85% of all the Rock radio hits
(the recordings are great) and replaced all my 45's!

This does sound interesting since I've done things like this in the
past, but I do prefer to get the actual media rather than downloads.
There's a lot to be said for liner notes and such!

2 Duets - 1 for upstairs and 1 for downstairs
Rock Solid with LMS 7.8.0 and WHS 2011