Phonophobe wrote:
> I want to play audio from my laptop through my hifi wirelessly.
>
> I already own two Squeezebox Classics and a Boom. Is it possible to set
> these up as simple wireless DACs so that any audio which would normally
> be heard from my laptop speakers is played through the hifi?
>
> Many thanks!

Welcome,

Don't know about the Classics, but from the Boom wiki:=

*Q. Is there a line-out?*

A.  There is a subwoofer/headphone output.  The functionality is
selectable from a menu item in the Squeezebox Boom.  If you want to
drive a stereo receiver or other amplified speakers, you can do that.
There is a slight difference in the circuitry between headphone and
line-out circuits, but it should work in nearly all situations.  The
worst case that will happen, in only some cases, would be that there is
slightly more noise heard through your speakers.  No damage will occur.

A better solution is a raspberry pi with dac card or cheap usb/headphone
unit like a Stoner

https://www.facebook.com/StonerAcoustics

not too sure if the drivers for this are included in the 'pi kernel.

( if funds preclude the purchase together, first buy the 'pi, then the
card).

Do some research.

atb

Ronnie