markiii wrote:
> I think the issue is it can be designed and discussed just not with any
> implication that it's a part of or in any way related to the community
> squeeze project

So how did the full posting I drew from, in any way, shape, or form,
reference those two taboo words?  It sure got shut down mighty fast, and
that's what I don't get.  The hardware project, since mid-April,
divorced itself from that hot-potato, and a bit later the project owner
simply stated he could not devote cycles to it anymore.  Then a couple
of days ago he seemed to find someone who could help with a critical
part of the software design to make the *hardware* work better.  Then
"Poof!"  Gone again.  Don't get it.  You'd think we were discussing the
building and deployment of a DIY nuclear warhead :-)

So -- if it's not part of the contested project, let's move it forward!
If not, let's resurrect the hard work folks working on the  hardware
have put into the design and rework it if necessary for one of the Pico
or other squeezeslave-type players.