I have been waiting for a number of years for a large (affordable) leap
in performance from my SB3 > Opus DAC combination. Initially it looked
like it would be a USB to I2S/SPDIF device that was in the works at
Twisted Pear. That didn't come to fruition as (I suspect) new
possibilities made each prospective design seem outmoded even before it
could be released. Now Twisted Pear seams close to release of a cape for
the BBB with sophisticated clocks and high quality connectivity.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/twisted-pear/250583-building-open-embedded-audio-applicance.html
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/twisted-pear/258254-support-botic-linux-driver.html

This would seem to be a real possibility to access via SoA and preserve
the server/player architecture we prefer. This would likely be more
costly than the 'lost' project, maybe borderline for me, but I am fairly
confident it will be good stuff given my happy experience with Twisted
Pear. Has anyone played with the Botic driver and SoA?

Skip