MrClive wrote:
> Thanks for all of your help with this.
>
> I don't tend to store music locally but I have thought of adding it.
> Would I need to rip to FLAC to add this. If so would I need to do this
> on another device, such as my laptop or could I add a plug in CD drive
> to this?
>
> From the spec list I've put together a kit list. Am I on the right
> track? If I didn't want to store music locally I'm interpreting that I
> wouldn't need the 2.5" hard drive and USB Caddy. Is this correct?
>
> Parts so far
>
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Raspberry-Pi-Model-Desktop-Linux/dp/B00T2U7R7I
>
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-SDSDB-016G-FFP-SDHC-SecureDigital-Capacity/dp/B00422F8XQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1431641124&sr=1-1&keywords=16+gb+sd+card
>
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/NEW-Raspberry-Model-Case-OneNineDesign/dp/B00M8ZEHIQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1431641207&sr=1-1&keywords=raspberry+pi+2+case
>
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/DIGIFLEX-Drive-Caddy-Enclosure-Laptop/dp/B002UZO07C
>
> or
>
> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-5-inch-External-HDD-Hard-Disk-Drive-Enclosure-Case-Caddy-SATA-USB-3-0-XP-Win7-/301004512578?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4615445d42
>
> Or msata option
>
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/MyDigitalSSD-mSATA-USB3-0-Bullet-Enclosure/dp/B00AYIDDMA
>
> Am I missing anything?
>

> Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You a need a micro sd card not full size. Samsung class 6 are
recommended:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Memory-Standard-MicroSDHC-Adapter/dp/B00J29NL6U/ref=sr_1_7?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1431673447&sr=1-7&keywords=samsung+micro+sd+card+16gb+class+6

This case is neater:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Closed-Raspberry-Model-Great/dp/B00OBB0F0E/ref=sr_1_7?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1431673786&sr=1-7&keywords=pi+case

Unless you have a spare 2.5" laptop drive or msata drive hanging around,
a portable USB 2.5" drive would be easier and cheaper:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elements-Capacity-Portable-Drive-Windows/dp/B00CRZ2PRM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1431674175&sr=8-4&keywords=1tb+portable

To power Pi2 + usb hard drive you need a good quality 2A power supply,
e.g.:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/NorthPada-Supply-Charger-2000mA-Raspberry/dp/B00UC8R292/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1431674322&sr=1-3&keywords=pi+power+supply+2a

If you aren't going to rip a large number of CDs I'd just start off with
a 64GB USB flash drive. It will be neater, more robust, and no issues
with power. And you can just plug in another (up to 4) when you run out
of space...
One of these will fit something like 2500 tracks / 150 CDs ripped to
flac, and it's very neat:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cruzer-Fit-Flash-Drive-SDCZ33-064G-B35/dp/B00FJRS6QY/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1431675350&sr=1-1&keywords=fit+64GB

If you install squeezeplug on the pi, you'll be able to access the drive
on the pi from any windows pc to copy files over. DBPowerAmp is highly
recommended for ripping. Ripping to flac is recommended - it gives you
an exact copy of the CD, and you only want to do it once, as it takes a
lot of time. Keep backups! You can easily make a copy of the library as
mp3 later to save space for mobile devices or to fit a lot more on that
64GB stick.