epoch1970 wrote:
> Hell, an ancient Geode LX800 (single core, 500MHz) with 256MB of RAM is
> enough to pull LMS+plugins. Scanning is slow, browsing is initially
> slow, transcoding quickly becomes a problem. But it does work reliably,
> and the machine can run a pretty complete linux system besides.
> I don't see how an RPi 2 with 512MB RAM + a modern CPU could show
> limitations. The only limit I see is that it doesn't carry SATA, but
> there are me-too's that do if you insist on local storage.

Make that a quad core processor and twice the memory @ 1GB

The PI2 is more than enough to run LMS IMHO and I have to wonder in what
circumstances people would see it as not enough? (ignoring the local
SATA issue and other storage limitations) browsing is fast, transcoding
works and it's super low energy

But maybe I'm just a basic entry level user :-)