philippe_44 wrote:
> Does somebody have plans to integrate things like Echo or Cortana into
> the LMS system ? I have an Echo and I see easily how I could use it for
> some controls :-)

I praise your creativity.
Your discussion on a 3D printed case for picore (other thread, earlier)
made me think. I thought of a player/server that would include an iThing
dock. Seemed too ambitious.
However I went on fantasizing about a player/server that would include
Bluetooth "beacon" tech (to get IPeng and others to automatically select
the closest player). After a brief search I found 'this project'
(https://github.com/etwmc/PersonalHomeKit).

It appears Siri is in the realm of Homekit, as is iBeacon... Please
don't take my word for it and check by yourself if you care. All of this
is way over my head.

On a personal note, I don't believe at all in voice command, but a lot
in presence detection.

Anyways. Always great to see new ideas and initiatives.

4 SB 3 • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • Squeezebox Server 7.9 (linux) with
plugins: CD Player, WaveInput by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) •
Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me,
What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple •
Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • WeatherTime by Martin
Rehfeld • ShairTunes2 by disaster123 • Local Player, BBC iPlayer by
Triode • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.