philippe_44 wrote:
> Is the firmware inside open source ? I thought is was still not

The firmware in receiver and older player is closed , Touch and Radio is
open .

The problem is that the ipk3 based players needs some propriotary very
expensive dev software for it's propriotary OS and CPU .

It's a very limited hardware problems with other services and the past
has been that the hardware is simply to limited to implement encryption
directly and other demands that the service provider could come up with
.

The services them self must also provide some API and which many simply
don't do .

However what about Touch and Radio ? Can Sirius be implemented on them ?
Sorry if I missed the exact nature of the change they implemented , they
stopped some legacy protocol trough which squeezeboxes got their acess ?

Afaik Logitech perform some limited support on LMS and my squeezebox.com
.

They do not support any ipk3 software anymore , do they even have the
tools and personnel ?
Touch and Radio we have not seen any new fw in a very long time , but
it's unclear to me if there still any official dev/support for these ?

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )