philippe_44 wrote:
> It mainly varies depending on gross margin of the impacted product (and
> consumer electronic is not a happy place for that) and also the size of
> the team that would be involved as the opportunity cost of "not doing
> something else" matters a lot. Having said that, I mentionned this
> because also sometimes, if the amount of work is small enough, then as
> long as you cover your cost, you're happy with the positive image it
> brings to your brand. I have no idea of the size of the work required
> for that API upgrade. If it is large (like measured in men*years vs
> men-weeks) then I agree, 0 chance for a discontinued product family.

The problem here is: if this was just a little bit of engineering work
Michael would have long done it like he does e.g. for Spotify.
Thus us not just changing to a different API, this likely means
operational changes in MySB and/or firmware updates on the SBs.
Non-trivial ones.

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8*