The idea of using the LMS cli interface is fine for those who run LMS on
a PC or similar - for those of us that run it on a 'small' computer such
as a pi or Wandboard this is not very practical.

The approach used by pkfox of directly querying the db seems the right
method in these cases as it's easy to copy over the db to generate the
album / track list rather than trying to get the o/p from lms over to
the PC to do the same thing. (Unless I'm missing something)

I take the number of artists listed by LMS with a farly large pinch of
salt as it includes all types of tag data that I would not normally
consider as an artist for the type of music it refers to (such as
composer for non-classical music) so can't see the attraction of trying
to replicate it!