BTHOEM wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In an article in a Norwegian magazine today, Tidal seems to have decided
> for MQA as their format for a high resolution streaming offering next
> year:
> http://www.lydogbilde.no/nyheter/hi-fi/hoyopplost-tidal-i-2016
>
> Can we hope for a codec for Squeezebox?
>
> Bjørn Tore

It can be an issue if they also remove their current hifi option with CD
quality FLAC ?

The article does not say what they intend to do with the current hifi
offering ?
It would be really bad if they removed that . For the reason that the
majority of recordings >99% they have in thier catalog (or any catalog )
is basically in less than CD quality and would not benefit from MQA (If
there was a benefit which I strongly doubt ).
So its select labels like 2L AIX or LINN etc that have recordings that
could take advantage of this .

If they introduced some kind of super hifi service good for them , but
if the old hifi service is intact we can still use that with our
squeezeboxes ?

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )