The interesting part is how they at tidal are going to run the MQA
encapsulating process on everything in their catalog and especially how
and why it works on on existing 16/44.1 masters ? MQA's own site is
mostly sales blurb.

The hydrogen audio tread is a bit more revealing on how it actually
works .

But afaik to get the special MQA data to add to the file , you get that
from a Hirez original master with a special process .
It will "work" with an original from for example 2L then tidal can have
this MQA fle and it given the rigth DAC unpacks with some >20khz
information and the DAC can choose its most suitable filter algorithm
etc audiophile blizz in progress .

I'm not convinced it applys to the majority of tidal files and if they
do some processing to make them different it would make me even more
sceptical ;) the best thing you can do with an existing 16/44.1 master
is to play it as it is . In there are plenty of file formats to,choose
from .

So tidal will be able to stream some select music from audiophile labels
with "better than cd quality" the rest is like it is today .

But can this be embedded in a normal flac or wav file or is it going to
be a special file format ?

If it's a new file format to it can be tricky for squeezebox to support
this . Not only for squeezeboxes btw every endpoint needs some MQA
license , now I see brilliant money grab here....

My pow hardware manufacturers should resist this and let it die like 8
track or any other obsolete format . It only applies to a tiny amount of
source material to begin with . And it don't really apply as Hirez is
not at all necessary to begin with .

MQA marketing is a bit deceptive , breakthrough in sampling theorem
temporal blur ? The same FUD as ever , basically the audio myth that
16/44.1 don't preserver timing better than 1/44.1kHz but more cleverly
disguised .

But it's a marketing exercise we will see what's comes out of it . There
are to many backers already it worries me , but they are mostly hifi
brands that sees an opurtunity

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )