R1200CL wrote:
> Tidal will not remove hi-fi. In order for MQA to work, it has to be
> implemented two places as you probably know, so even if all Tidal was
> MQA, you would still only get the old hi-fi. Actually it important to
> understand Tidal will only support MAQ. This mean that they just
> "transmitt" what has been offered to them from the record companies.
> Right ?
>
> Also most Tidal is FLAC quality today. I hope you are not saying than
> less than 99% isn't. It's rater the opoøsite.
> (All Tidal is CD quality).
>
> Since takling about streaming quality. I'm using iPeng. I have several
> times tried to convince Pippin to have a more easier way to show what
> quality your stream is. With MQA even more important I think. We will se
> what he comes up with.
> He has given a solution that most likely will be available next year.
> (You find his replay to me in his thread).

There are two dimesnions to this about 80% ort so of tidal is encoded as
16/44.1 lossles FLAC that’s the music they have (for now ) and some
washed up old mp3's .
So these recordings stop at 20k . Is not the MQA "process" done from
higer rez originals rigth ? it's not like most labels are going to
re-upload millions of songs to tidal in higer rez to take advantage of
this ?
In the majority of cases because they could not do it even if they
wanted to, their master is a 16/44.1 .

Then we have actual soundquality of the recording itself they rarely
challenge the 16/44.1 container they are held in, some older noisy
recordings may be perfectly reproduced by properly dithered 13 bits or
so in the best case .
Due to the typical quality of typical recordings the 16/44.1 limitation
is not actually a limitation it's actually more than enough to reproduce
the content .
Some of them can still sound great and wonderful in their own respect ,
but they don't challenge the media there released on (not like in the
old days when cassette and vinyl did not represent what was on the
master tape ) .

I tend to think that attacking the medium is barking up the wrong three
? It is and audio gear company behinds it it's what they do, sell audio
gear and software, but maybe not necessarily what we need .

I do have respect for some of meridians ideas and products (se my
signature) but some things they do baffles me a bit .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )