An authentic MQA button, impressive...
It seems several others do speculate about how it works. I have no idea
also but sill guess the magic with old material is really not more as
this apodizing. I have played with 2 files and the delta has some
cancelation at 12kHz i don't understand yet.
My guess is that the apodizer is linear to some point and changes phase
maybe from these 12kHz on!? It may also affect lower frequencies.
We know how people get horny about minimum phase and similar tricks. A
good move from a marketing perspective though. Many will hear the
'better' sound.
Very vague speculation. Sorry when i waste everyones time but since i
find no clarification that convinces me, i can't resist :)

Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA
monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers