To save some space (and because I can't hear the difference as long as
the source is the same) I have started storing my music as MP3 320 CBR
instead of Flac.
I "nutcase" for chronology and always want the music of various
composers or artists to be in chronological order.
With Flac file that has never been a problem, but with MP3 I now
sometimes see that certain albums are listed at the end without any
"Year" data at all.

Although it is not always the case it seems as if it only happens when
I've written data in the ID3v2.3(ID3v2.3)  tag format in MP3Tag.

MP3 with data written as ID3v2.3(ID3v1 ID3v2.3) tags seems to be fine?

Does this mean that  ID3v2.3(ID3v1 ID3v2.3) is a more compatible/correct
tag format than the other?

Any thoughts anyone?

Stein Arne