SyrinxGC wrote:
> To save some space (and because I can't hear the difference as long as
> the source is the same) I have started storing my music as MP3 320 CBR
> instead of Flac.
> I "nutcase" for chronology and always want the music of various
> composers or artists to be in chronological order.
> With Flac file that has never been a problem, but with MP3 I now
> sometimes see that certain albums are listed at the end without any
> "Year" data at all.
>
> Although it is not always the case it seems as if it only happens when
> I've written data in the ID3v2.3(ID3v2.3)  tag format in MP3Tag.
>
> MP3 with data written as ID3v2.3(ID3v1 ID3v2.3) tags seems to be fine?
>
> Does this mean that  ID3v2.3(ID3v1 ID3v2.3) is a more compatible/correct
> tag format than the other?
>
> EDIT: Alternatively - could there be other reasons for the year tag
> sometimes not to be read in ipeng (it is always the same not being read?
>
> Any thoughts anyone?
> Stein Arne

likely some other reason for the year tag issue. Perhaps you've mapped
year and date incorrectly in mp3tag? all my mp3 files are ID3v2.3.
Actually it is best to have only one tag type unless you have some old
players that can only handle ID3v1 tags.  Otherwise ID3v2.3 tags are the
most compatible with everything.  Easy enough to remove all the ID3v1
tags in batch with mp3tag.

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
(all ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win8(64) > LMS 7.9 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng8 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify