garym wrote:
> likely some other reason for the year tag issue. Perhaps you've mapped
> year and date incorrectly in mp3tag? all my mp3 files are ID3v2.3.
> Actually it is best to have only one tag type unless you have some old
> players that can only handle ID3v1 tags.  Otherwise ID3v2.3 tags are the
> most compatible with everything.  Easy enough to remove all the ID3v1
> tags in batch with mp3tag.

I've checked and double checked the albums with problems. That is not
the case. I have also removed all extended tags incl. "orig.date" which
has caused me trouble with some classical works.
I've also performed "Tag cut" and "Tag paste" to remove possible problem
data.

Adding ID3v1 has as far as I can see solved all my iPeng problems.