d6jg wrote:
> Phillipe's bridges are of course excellent and open up a whole range of
> players to the Eco system but unfortunately they all have compromises
> IMHO. hi-res, gapless playback, sync etc
> The only non Logitech player that fulfills all the criteria to date
> seems to be a Pi with DAC. It's the only thing that could realistically
> be considered Audiofool compatible.
> I understand why people choose Sonos but it doesn't work the way I want
> my music players to do.
> Why Logitech, why?

I agree although Sonos as upnp devices are providing a really good
solution (gapless, better res that AirPlay) except sync - I wish they
want to release their sync, but they believe, right or wrong, that's
this is their crown jewel. To me, at the risk of offending audiophiles,
AirPlay was the best compromise and I put a lot of work to make this
work. You have everything except hi-res. It's very transparent to LMS

LMS 7.7.5 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos 2xPLAY:1,
PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBMC, Foobar2000, XBoxOne,
JRiver 21, Chromecast Audio, Chromecast v1, Pi B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+,
Odroid-C1, Cubie2