garym wrote:
> I bought a SONOS Connect last year just to play with. It is simple to
> setup and use. (To me) there are many annoying things after being used
> to Squeezeboxes and controllers such as iPeng (the SONOS controllers are
> fairly rudimentary, but get the job done of course).  But the main
> limitations for me are the inability to deal with the size of my music
> collection (> 65k), lack of certain nice apps related to playing BBC or
> BBC extras, podcasts subscriptions, etc.  Not being able to play hi-res
> is not a huge deal, but I do have a dozen or so hi-res albums that I'd
> have to convert to be able to play on SONOS.   All this said, certainly
> nothing wrong with SONOS. It's not anywhere close to the squeezebox
> ecosystem (for my use), but I can see why it is very popular.
I felt I overpaid for Sonos Connect. IT is easy to setup but does have
the limitation you mention above.  It seems Sonos is not catering to the
Audiophile folks.  People having been requesting on their forum about
hi-res and >65K tracks for many years but yet the Connect does not get
updated. For me it works fine so I am happy but I can see why heavy
users such as yourself need to look elsewhere.  I wonder if Bluesound
will become a good alternative at some point?