sordidman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank anyone in advance for any help. I am getting this same error. I am
> running Thursday night or Friday night's build 1/27 of 7.9x. I have a
> new iMAC that I transferred the LMS server software to. I believe that
> I'm running OSx Sierra. I went into the Preferences/Performance under
> Advanced Settings and turned it all up to High or -16. After I get the
> same errors as in the above "Trying to commit transactions before..."
> the Scanner Log tells me that it is in error and can only read the 1st
> byte of the file. My music files are located on a QNAP 251+ on the
> network. I have open the music "volume" where the files reside.
>
> Does anyone know what can be going on?
>
> Thank you again!!

"Trying to commit transactions before..." is a red herring, this is
quite normal.

What is your problem? Is the scan not completing?

LMS 7.9 on a Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.10, playlists and LMS cache
on a USB stick, 25K+ music library on a WD MyCloud network drive,
Rasberry Pi 2 > piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 >
AVI DM5
Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.10/HiFiBerry DAC+ > Cambridge Audio Minx 5
(study)
1 x Boom (dining room) - 1 x  Radio (garage) - 1 x Touch (display and
controller only) - 1 x SB3 (spare)