Recoveryone wrote:
> but I guess bumping up to 5G allowed less traffic and better signal
> strength for all my Touches in the house
That's not how WiFi works, moving the server to 5 GHz will not affect
the signal strength to your Touches in any way.
Your Touches clearly had sufficient connection (signal level and data
rate) before the changes you made, otherwise they would have been pretty
much unusable with music cutting out at irregular intervals. Any
improvement over a level that is "good enough" will make the connection
more robust, but it will not make any change to what the Touch receives
and hence no change to its output.