A provocative title to counter all the "I will leave the Squeezebox
Community" threads.
I am really astonished how many people state in this forum that they
leave the community and Switch to Sonos and other systems. I will stay
with Squeezebox and actually I am buying used equipment for my friends
to provide them with the best experience of music ever:
in my personal opinion, the Squeezebox experience has never been as good
and as cheap as it is now. Let me explain why I prefer squeezebox versus
all  other solutions on  the market:

- Software players are available for all major operating systems
including android, Mac, Linux, Iphone, Windows...
- Many browser software is available on all operating systems (androidk
windows, iphone...)
- Cost-effective  Squeezebox compatible servers are available, e.g
Raspberry Pi (even MusicIP works there)
- It is compatible to the outside world (e.g. Apple, DLNA, Chromecast)
thank to Philippe
- Redundant plugins for the shutdown of Mysqueeezebox.com already exist
- No worries about the future, (tuninin bv Michael Herger, Shoutcast,
Ickstream and more...)
- Philippe made our system compatible to the broader outside world:
Chromecast, Apple Airplay, DLNA, I have never seene such a compatibility
list for any other 3rd party...
- all major streaming services are available (I do not use them
personally, thus a disclaimer I do not know about the quality of
integretaion)
- In contrast to many other streaming hardware, you have direct feedback
(screens) and interaction possibilities (buttons...)
- You can adapt your setup to the smallest detail.
- for every problem you find answers in this community or even software,
workarounds, bugfixes...

I struggle to see the reason why people leave this community - nothing
has changed, all is better than ever...
A special thanks to Michael Herger, Philippe, Erik and all the others
who contribute to this community...