iPhone wrote:
> .
> My main Servers are both Vortexboxes. One is for Music and the other is
> for Movies (One can run movies and music on one server but because my
> music and movie libraries dwarf several hundred average Squeezebox users
> collections, I run one for each format). The Vortexbox is its own OS
> Server based off of Fedora. It comes with LMS installed and after one
> click in the GUI to upgrade, one can add PLEX for Movies also. It also
> auto rips DVD, BluRay, and CDs. I have been running Vortexbox for years
> without issue. Plex does a good job plus adding Tonido to both Servers
> allows one to remotely search the server when shopping for movies or
> music to make sure one doesn't buy a movie or CD one already has!
> Squeezebox and LMS rule as far as I am concerned. It has worked
> flawlessly for over a decade for me. 95% of the people having problems
> either couldn't follow simple directions or didn't have a clue about
> creating a robust wireless network. Out of the hundreds of Squeezebox
> systems I personally troubleshot and fixed, most were proved to be a
> WiFi issue after I ran Ethernet to all the players (eliminating the
> Squeezeboxes, Server, and LMS as the issue).
>
> I don't send time messing with my setup, I send my time Listening to
> Music and auto-ripping CDs and Movies! Thanks to Sean, Dean, Caleb,
> Michael, Joerg (at iPeng), all the Beta Guys, and so many others that
> made Slim Devices what it was and what it is: The Best Loss-Less
> Server/Player based Music Streaming option available today!!!
> .
> .

The Plex server I mentioned was on a VB which due to being on 32bit
hardware and 2.3 won't run Spotty. LMS has moved to a Pi3 but because I
had hacked about with the VB to get it to rip to and read from my NAS
via NFS I am still using it for ripping but LMS is off. I switched Plex
on to see what it was like for movies as opposed to Kodi which I
normally use.

My main point though was that for music Plex is nowhere near as good as
LMS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS*
iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
*Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
*Office* - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN
755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom *Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones