Will add my vote for the Squeezebox system. I started with one of the
original SliMP3 players 15 years ago. Took the CD player out of my
system after getting a SB3 and haven't looked back. Today, my 2 Touches
continue to work perfectly and recently added a Raspberry Pi player to
the group. The Vortexbox server has been plugging away for years with
not much attention needed.

>From the daily use perspective, I have no problem finding the music I
want to play and it sounds great.

Most of the new gear I've seen since either has limitations, or is
overpriced "audiophool" gear, or simply has a prettier interface. I
don't want to spend money and give up features I already have. While I
love music and enjoy it on a good system, audiophilia has gotten so
silly over the years that the last thing I want to consider myself is an
audiophile. As for pretty interfaces, the Touch is pretty nice and I
don't need any more -- I"m listening to music, not looking at things.
Roon makes a case for searching one's collection and finding other music
that -may- interest me, but I don't like the subscription model for
playing my own music and I'm really not having any problem finding the
songs I'm in the mood for.

Some things are instant classics that simply work right for years and
years. Squeezebox is one of those classics.