There is another dimension to this debate.  It may be a generational
thing but I like to own stuff.  I don't much admire myself for this as I
can see the ethical, philosophical, social and environmental benefits of
the commons.  In another life, I would like to be a Zen monk.  But as I
am, my music collection, which I have chosen, purchased, ripped and
obsessively tagged is now a part of my life, history and being.  If I
were younger maybe streaming would float my boat and there may be
alternative or better solutions for this but as it is, nothing handles a
curated personal collection of music better than Squeezebox which is an
essential part of my life.