apesbrain said:

"For about $100 one can snap together components readily available on
Amazon and have a player just as capable as the original Logitech
hardware. Can't beat that!"

I'm a LONGTIME fan and user of the Squeezebox system, dating back to
when I picked up my first product boxes at the Slim Devices office in
Mountain View. I also used to be a regular visitor to these forums
though I haven't been here for some years.

Some of my well used hardware pieces (a couple of Classics, a Touch) are
starting to show signs of mortality. I'm not technically oriented beyond
what I could learn here years ago to set up, put together, and easily
operate a life changing music system in my home.

As my Squeezebox hardware pieces die and the few spares I accumulated
follow the same fate, what alternatives do I have for hardware to remain
within the Squeezebox world?

Thanks