If carrying some horrible music counts against Spotify, then it should
also equally count against any large shop selling CDs. Crappy music is
the norm in the music industry these days. Autotune is the real talent.
Ugh.

I focus on the positive: I can find a lot of stuff I like (Jazz,
Classical, Classic R&B) on Spotify. Often even obscure 80s albums. And
have discovered new artists I like through Spotify.

What I find refreshing about this thread is people seem to be focusing
on the music, rather than the sound quality. :-) It's rare. :-D

PS: My favs I still tend to buy on CD.

...pablo
Server: Virtual Machine (on VMware Workstation 14 Pro) running Ubuntu
16.04 + LMS 7.9
System: SB Touch --optical->- Benchmark DAC2HGC --AnalysisPlus Oval
Copper XLR->- NAD M22 Power Amp --AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval->- Totem
Element Fire
Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> NAD D7050 -> Totem
DreamCatcher + Velodyne Minivee Sub
Computer audio: workstation --USB->- audioengine D1 -> Grado
PS500e/Shure 1540