mherger wrote:
> >>. Which is
> still less than the 0.00012 cents they'd get from Spotify.

.00012 cents * a billion is still worth more than $1 of a CD no one buys
anymore.

Artists make their adult business decisions. I'll respect that and shall
support them through several channels. But a very well respected jazz
artist that most would know told me he used to make close to $500k with
his yearly CD releases (and over a mill in his heyday), and now it's
barely worth his time. He now makes half of that in Amazon sales, he
didn't even know if he sold any on HDtracks (I bought some of his
remasters there), and he loves Spotify payments for his old albums. I
won't disclose his name because it's private. Been a fan for over 30
years. I repeat - live conerts and Spotify pay his bills now. His words.

It'd be easy to blame online media etc. But the culprit is the music
industry. They squeezed him out of his contract with more predatory
tactics that (I think, but don't know) Spotify would use, and he hasn't
been on a major label for 15 years. He thinks he's better off with the
current model.

...pablo
Server: Virtual Machine (on VMware Workstation 14 Pro) running Ubuntu
16.04 + LMS 7.9
System: SB Touch --optical->- Benchmark DAC2HGC --AnalysisPlus Oval
Copper XLR->- NAD M22 Power Amp --AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval->- Totem
Element Fire
Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> NAD D7050 -> Totem
DreamCatcher + Velodyne Minivee Sub
Computer audio: workstation --USB->- audioengine D1 -> Grado
PS500e/Shure 1540