I've had no problems getting acceptance of the squeezebox setup. A few
reasons.

1) all the CDs went in a box in the loft... and I sold all the CD
players!  ;)
2) universal remotes make switching the audio on easy in each room (even
for the TV to ensure the TV speakers don't get used)
3) we don't have any Bluetooth speakers
4) found a simple SB control app (Squeezer) and it's a no brainer

I will admit I'd not consider giving my parents a SB setup, however, no
matter how much I think it's a great system..

-Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk-

--
Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with
Debian+LMS 7.9.0