BosseJ wrote:
> I don't have a BT homehub but I found 'something'
> (https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Smart-Hub-DHCP-reservations/m-p/1855486#M153179)
> via Google:
> I assume you have admin access through the web interface on the homehub.

Code:
--------------------
  >   > Re: Smart Hub DHCP reservations
  >
  > So, I've figured this out after 45 minustes of swearing for the new
SmartHub 6 ...

  > 1. StaticIP: You set this on your device, not router.
  > 2. DHCP: You can configure the range of IPs available from Advanced
Settings > My Network > IPv4 Configuration
  > 3. DHCP Reservation: Reserving a specific IP for a specific MAC Address
from the router (can be outside the DHCP range set at point 2) is done by
following the steps below:
  > a. Go to Advanced Settings > My Network > My Devices
  > b. Select the device you wish to reserve the IP for
  > c. Click on "Always use this IP"
  > d. Now the IP box is editable, edit the IP and save (I recommend also
giving a meaningfull name to the device if it doesn't have one)
  > e. Restart the device you've made the change for (alternatively, disconnect
and reconnect)

  > Worked for me today on about 5 devices, settings get saved even after I
restart the router.

>From my experience, I wouldn't recommend trying to change the ip address
under the "Always use this IP" setting on a BT home hub - just check the
option to tell the home hub to keep the current ip address permanently
seems to work.
The BT home hub is a frustrating piece of equipment - I replaced mine
with a cheap tp-link router which is better in every way...