bakker_be wrote:
> Normalization is not the same as boosting the overall volume.
> Normalization loses the dynamics as it's more akin to dynamic
> compression. Digitally boosting these tracks with 12dB as proposed will
> lift everything by these same 12dB, ending up at ±-3dB absolute for the
> loudest peaks and (-3dB - the difference between loudest and quietest)
> for the quietest parts. Think of it as just turning the volume knob on
> your amplifier.
> It does seem strange to me however that RG doesn't work when your volume
> is fixed at 100. I've been using RG on all my files for years and never
> once had this issue on any client with this setting in effect. I thought
> that this was done server-side befor sending out to the client ...

What you say about 100% Fixed is interesting as I could have sworn it
used to work. Where I noticed is an SB3 which is in a Group with an O2
Joggler as a Control Point / Now Playing display but I always play the
group. Wonder if it’s that?

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3
-> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
Everything controlled by iPeng