Greg Erskine wrote:

> I wonder, as the CPU is practically doing nothing, it is probably
> throttled back to 600MHz most of the time. The periods of increased
> speed are so short it is not captured by temperature sampling period.

Sorry Greg - I missed this.

I'm not so sure about that.  You can apparently show the current CPU
frequency with:

Code:
    sudo cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq

On my RPi4, running pCP (LMS & Squeezelite) I've never seen it show
anything but the currently set maximum.  So apparently there's a
difference, certainly in terms of heat generation, between an idling CPU
@1500MHz and one under load at the same frequency.  Or maybe that
command isn't doing what I think it is - that might explain why I never
saw it report a different frequency when I briefly played with the
governor settings in the tweaks menu.