slartibartfast wrote:
> Seems odd that you have two lines for scanning files in the same
> location 47000 files taking 40 minutes and 3700 files taking another 15
> minutes.
>
> Edit just notice the 3700 files are media files. What are those files. I
> don't scan any media files.
>
> Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I think 'media' files must be album art. That entry is, I think but am
not sure, album art being scanned because the path is my music folder
and the only unplayable things in there should be the album covers.
Unless the apps that are installed in LMS are putting media files there,
or something else is going on behind the scenes, there shouldn't be
anything in there that I haven't put in myself.

When I first noticed LMS reporting that class of file separately, I used
Windows Explorer to look for any files with one of the common video
extensions - there were none.

And I've just reminded myself that I've updated LMS 8 since the previous
scan, maybe some improvement there has lopped off 15 minutes or so.

Oh well, it works and the music sounds great!

Digital: Raspberry Pi 3B; piCorePlayer 6 + LMS 8; HifiBerry DAC+DSP >
Yamaha RX-V2700 > Jamo speakers
Analogue: HifiBerry DAC+DSP > Speakercraft MZC-66 > whole house
Library: External USB drive
Android: Squeezer app