Roland0 wrote:
> If there is a apcupsd package for the OS they are based on (Tiny Core,
> Gentoo) then yes. Otherwise, you'd have to create such a package
> yourself.
> Also, if you only use PiCorePlayer as a player, a UPS isn't necessary,
> as it doesn't need to be shut down.
>

> I fail to see what LMS' role would be in this scenario. apcupsd would
> handle the shutdown, LMS is just one of the applications stopped before
> powering off.

Right now Daphile is my LMS server OS & I have 2 Pis running
PiCorePlayer, but once upon a time I ran Max2Play on them & the SD cards
did not enjoy the "spontaneity" my rural power grid "enjoys". So far not
a problem with PiCorePlayer, but if I can mitigate future SD card
scrapping, I would like to do so.