teeitup wrote:
> My debian linux based LMS server is protected by an APC UPS.
>
> Uses package "apcupsd" and connects via a usb cable. pretty simple to
> setup.
>
> Power outages are the new normal in California.
>
> I don't really care about the PC or the software. It's the music library
> that I'm worried about. The hours and hours of work that has gone into
> creating it makes it imperative that I protect it. I also have 2
> alternating backups of the music library.

I am currently spending some of my vacation time going through my
libraries and cleaning them up (tags, artwork, duplicate cleaning) in
the effort to coanized mbine all the various folders & backups of my
tunes over the years and arrive at 2 cleaned, organized folders (1 Live
on LMS, 1 backup duplicate), so yeah...it's a lot of work that I don't
want to see flushed down the drain with a server failure.