KeBul wrote:
> First make sure you have removed the failed wifi card even if ethernet
> port is configured for use a failed wifi card can cause problems

I pulled it a few years ago, which allowed me to somehow reconfigure it
for ethernet.

KeBul wrote:
> and second, for the remote receiver issues, try a new PSU, it's fairly
> common for a failing PSU to cause issues with the IR receiver (actually
> seen this myself with my SB Touch).

That is worth a try. I can dig through my pile of PSUs. I know I am not
using the original PSU.

KeBul wrote:
> Then, if a new PSU resolves the IR issue, then it would be worth
> plugging the wifi card back in and see if that bursts back into life
> with the new PSU.
Thanks to the info provided by 40JoeMuc2009, I have ordered a
replacement WiFi daughter card. Should be here by March 7th :)