florca wrote:
> Maybe' THIS '
> (https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?113660-ClassicAMP-))would
> be a solution if you like the SB3 form factor (I do...)? Adds up to
> quite a bit of money, but nice result...

For me, the SB3 is a pinnacle of design, both in terms of how it looks,
but in terms of the functionality and the musical fidelity. I haven't
been able to find something that can replace it in the same price range.
I could never bring myself to cough up for a Transporter. The DAC is
very good for the money.

I have wandered off into Raspberry Pi territory, imagining a basic Pi
with a suitable DAC with phono, or possibly digital fibre output, but I
could never decide on one implementation or the other.

Another summary of my situation:

SB3 with no Wifi and no remote control, but a working ethernet
connection.

It has a fixed IP of 192.168.2.10.

No way to perform a factory reset.

I already have a Pi acting as a Kodi box, running LibreElec, which is
configured to use WiFi to talk to my iMac to get stuff to play.

There are Kodi plugins to have the Pi act as either a LMS or squeezebox
web controller.

I did manage to connect the Pi to the SB3's ethernet port, but because
of the way LibreElec works, if it detects a connected ethernet port, it
will try to use that and doesn't time out to fall back on the WiFi
interface. This makes reboots more complicated than they need to be. I
suppose I could ask the LibreElec devs to consider implementing another
feature, or I could use another OS variant for the OS that does support
this.  In general, I think Kodi sucks as a user interface, so I don't
want to have to mess around finding another implementation of Kodi that
will do as I want.

I haven't worked out how to configure my home internet DSL modem to pick
up 192.168.2.0 and route the data (maybe I should contact their
support). I  also haven't worked out how to get this modem to play
nicely with my Netgear WNDR3700s (v1 and v4), running dd-wrt, to act as
WiFi repeaters for the modem (I can do it via an ethernet cable, but
that is not useful to me at the moment).

Even if I got all that to work, it seems ridiculous to have to do all
that in the first place, just because I can't change the configured IP
address on the SB3.

And I really like my SB3.