+1

I think a plugin for balance control is a great idea! I would love to
see this added, and if it worked, I would use it.

One of the systems I have running is an SBT wired straight into a NAD
2600A amp, manufactured in 1987 but recently recapped. It has L&R level
adjustments right on the front panel! This works fabulously, balance
control is essential here as one speaker is in a corner of the room and
the other midway along a wall. Without independent level controls, the
solution would have been a bit more difficult.

Now that I am migrating to RPi-based systems, a balance level adjustment
would be highly desirable.

*Living Room:* SB Touch + DIY PSU > CI Audio VDA.2 DAC + VAC.1 PSU >
VRX.1 cables > Emotiva XSP-1 Gen 2 preamp + XPA-DR2 amp > Blue Jeans
cables > B&W 804 speakers
*Laptop:* System76 Galago + Ubuntu 16.04 + Squeezelite +
Vivaldi/Material Skin > Emotiva Little Ego DAC > Grado PS500 headphones
*Bedroom:* RPi Zero W + Squeezelite > miniBOSS DAC HAT > Bose SoundLink
Revolve
*Phone:* Pixel 3a + SB Player + Material APK > Senn IE80 earbuds
*Server:* Puget Systems Serenity + Ubuntu 18.04 + LMS 8.2