ralphy wrote:
> Yes the touch can support the Balance feature, not sure about the ip3k
> players like the transporter.
>
> I have been testing it with Squeezeplay and on a touch with the
> community firmware.  Balance support has already been added to my
> squeezeplay and community firmware sources for the next release.
>
> On the touch, it's a 'one line change'
> (https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezeos-squeezeplay/commit/ca4c95dabe1ac99dd1238abe8c5c046d6c3613bd)
> and a reboot to enable it.  I haven't tried it on the official logitech
> firmware yet but it should work.
>
> For those who prefer to continue using the official firmware release I
> could create a patch installer package to enable it....if there's enough
> interest.

Thanks ralphy!
I just inserted the line ralphy suggested in my Touch (stock firmware,
with EDO applet): success. I can set Balance for that Touch in
LMS/Settings/Player -> <modified Touch player>/audio.

1) ssh into the touch (remember the
Code:
--------------------
    ssh -oKexAlgorithms=+diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 root@touch
--------------------
)
optional) copy the original SlimProto.lua for safe-keeping, e.g. "cp
/usr/share/jive/jive/net/SlimProto.lua /tmp/Slimproto.lua.ORIG"
2) edit the SlimProto.lua file:
Code:
--------------------
    vi /usr/share/jive/jive/net/SlimProto.lua
--------------------

3) scroll down to line 370 and press "I" to edit
4)
Code:
--------------------
    <tab>obj:capability("Balance",1)
--------------------

5) press <esc> to exit edit mode
6) press :wq to save and exit
7) check that the file has today's date:
Code:
--------------------
    ls /usr/share/jive/jive/net/SlimProto.lua -al
--------------------

8)
Code:
--------------------
    reboot
--------------------

Be careful that you don't accidentally misspell the line to add, as I
did :-) If there's an error in the SlimProto.lua it will not connect to
the LMS server.
The first try's when I changed the balance and pressed Apply, the volume
control went to zero but after I restored, everything worked exactly as
expected. Note that the extreme settings (-25, +25) will completely
silence the other channel.

I think it could be valuable option to have a balance setting also for
the stock firmware Touch.

2 Touch, 2 Picoreplayer  v6.1.0 on RaspBerry 3B
LMS 8.0.1 on Ubuntu 20.04.1 on Intel Core2 Duo E4500 @ 2.20GHz, 2GB. All
wired
Main audio system: Magnepan 3.6, amp "Gdis 400", DAC & pre: NAD M51,
streamers: SB Touch // NAD M50