philchillbill wrote:
> Yes she does respond to recordings mentioning her name

One of the songs that we played last year ...
https://theburninghell.bandcamp.com/album/never-work

I remember we had another one this year but can't find it right now
(Alexa not in the title).

My recollection is that Amazon do have some back-end tricks to avoid
some triggering - particularly from TV programmes.
I think they spot the simultaneous launches from lots of TVs and then
capture that sound pattern and (eventually) blacklist it so that it does
not happen on repeats.

Paul Webster
http://dabdig.blogspot.com
author of \"now playing\" plugins covering radio france (fip etc), kcrw,
supla finland, abc australia, cbc/radio-canada and rte ireland